Friday, November 28, 2008

Mating the Motor/Clutch Assembly to the Transmission

The big day arrived.....for me. Mating up the motor to the transmission. I started with the motor laying horizontal on the furniture dolly and tried to bring the transmission and motor together. That didn't work by myself. I could not get the transmission shaft through the bushing in the flywheel lined up properly. So I decide to turn the motor vertically and drop the transmission down on it. Use the tranny weight to help me get things mated. That did the trick. See picture below.
Various other pictures. You can see how quickly my garage gets junky.



Here's the assembly turned back horizontal. You can see the bolts are installed and torqued. I used nylok nuts on all the through bolts.
Next up is the front battery racks.

No comments: